As at other Centers for Advanced Study, the Fellows play the central role in the funding activities of the Schöller Research Center. Outstanding researchers from home and abroad may apply for a fellowship at the Dr. Theo and Friedl Schöller Research Center for Business and Society. A fellowship at the Schöller Research Center is intended to enable the Fellow to carry out a proposed research project. With the fellowships, the Research Center aims at contributing to responsible acting in business and society.
Rights and Obligations of the Fellows
The Dr. Theo and Friedl Schöller Research Center provides funds of up to 50.000 € per Schöller Senior Fellow and up to 20.000 € per Schöller Fellow for the realization of the proposed research project. Schöller Fellows are required to contribute to the research activities of the School of Business, Economics and Society by sharing their experiences and competencies. In addition, the Fellows are expected to:
- Participate in the annual Award Ceremony of the Schöller Research Center,
- Acknowledge the support provided by the Research Center in all publications related to their Fellowship, and
- Report on the progress and results of their research project on a regular basis.
The Fellows will be selected by the Research Center’s Advisory Board and appointed by the School of Business, Economics and Society. Selection criteria for the Schöller Fellowships are:
- Scientific excellence as demonstrated by top-tier publications,
- Willingness to engage in on-site cooperation and dialogue in Nuremberg, and
- Theoretical rigor and practical relevance of the outlined research project.
Each project is expected to involve some collaboration with members of the School of Business, Economics and Society. Each Fellow shall be affiliated with at least one of the School’s Institutes, Centers, or Research Fields and contribute to its reputation with her/his research.